Friday, April 11, 2014

Metro Hoops!

This last week I started making a Metro Hoops quilt.  I needed one for myself because the original Metro Hoops quilt is in Arizona living at Helen's house.

I had fun picking out the fabrics and colors for the quilt.  I used a "Color Me Happy" Jelly Roll by Vanessa with V and Co. (which I love by the way) for the curves and some Kaufman linen/cotton blend flax for the background fabric.


It came together quickly.  It was just finding the time to work on it.


Perfect sunny day yesterday to take a picture to show off the colors!  


...now onto the quilting.  Always bitter sweet for me.  I always fall in love with the quilt before I quilt it and sometimes I don't want to start adding more textures to the quilt...I'm weird that way and I'm sure I will love it when I'm done.

~Jenny~

12 comments:

Teresa Silva said...

This is looking awesome! I'm sure you'll love it when you're done Jenny!

Thearica said...

Totally terrific! Can't wait to see it finished!

Rebecca Grace said...

Quilting phase is bittersweet? What a surprising sentiment coming from a master longarm quilter like you! I know what you mean... But in my case I'm afraid of ruining my hard work because my machine quilting skills are weaker than my piecing skills. I'm sure your quilt is going to be GORGEOUS when it's finished!

Unknown said...

I can relate to Rebecca Grace. I'm about finished piecing "Metro Rings" and have my "Mod Olives" ready to quilt, but the thought of machine quilting makes me want to start piecing again!lol

CapitolaQuilter said...

glad you'll have one to call your own. a friend was making one at our recent retreat and it made me jealous - it's on my bucket list

Leeanne said...

Holy smoke, it's beautiful!

Sharon E said...

I love it! thanks for sharing

Diane said...

oh I really like the dark background
may have to make another one! Love how your quilting this one too.

Katie M. said...

Love the colors and the texture of the quilting - simply stunning!

Katie M. said...

Love the colors and the texture of the quilting - simply stunning!

Farm Quilter said...

Love the quilt and the quilting!!! Personally I look forward to quilting every quilt - that is the fun part where you get to enhance the beauty of the quilt!

Shar said...

I love the pattern!